Linux Administrators needed for 15+ months contract in Peoria, IL 61605 (2 positions!)
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the availability and continuity of the enterprise database environments.
Primary Job Duties:
- Oversee a diverse array of deliverables and work to optimize our systems capabilities and services.
- Maintain a 24/7 availability window for enterprise applications, work closely with other systems and application engineers to ensure a quality, sustainable infrastructure, and work with system architects to design future environments for customers.
- The ability to communicate clearly, deliver a high level of customer service, and think with the future in mind are key attributes for this role.
Service View - (customer-centric)
Work Unit View - (process-centric)
- Monitor database performance and assess results in order to define future system capacity requirements for the supported service areas.
- Assist in root cause analysis on service problems and failures.
- Assess and recommend architectural designs/changes in response to business or technical drivers.
- Assist in the evaluation and assessment of new products and technologies that enhance and improve services offered.
Functional View - (people-centric)
- Participate in the continuous improvement of standards and delivery processes for Database Services area.
- Actively participates in the planning, design, testing, and implementation of database platforms for enterprise systems and applications.
- Perform database administration, maintenance, and support as needed - installation, script development, upgrade planning, database and SQL tuning, back up and recovery, and maintenance requirements.
- Develop necessary documentation and diagrams to support implementation of new/changed database environments and configurations.
- Assist in defining database standards for hardware and software platforms.
- Assist in developing life cycle oriented processes and procedures for future maintenance and support - maintenance schedules, backup and recovery, testing plans, etc.
- Respond to problem tickets submitted via internal problem management system; identify problems, communicate status to customers, implement and document resolutions.
- Provide oversight and support for the application service teams production release processes.
- Participate in database design reviews and code reviews with developers and provide tuning recommendations if necessary.
- Work with various service teams to ensure quality of load testing and performance tuning of applications and systems before implementation into production.
- Serve as liaison to peers, vendors or partners to facilitate problem resolution. * Provide technical assistance and training to Consolidated Service Desk.
- Actively works to maintain and improve skill sets through formal and informal training.
- Communicate status of work to technical lead/service manager.
- Identify and communicate issues or concerns regarding deadlines or project scope as soon as possible.
- Work with other teams to coordinate and facilitate issue resolution as necessary.
- Participate in on-call 24/7 support rotation.
Skills and Competencies:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience/training.
- 4-6 years of database administration experience (Oracle and MS SQL Server)
Additional Job Details:
- Demonstrated database administration proficiency.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting proficiency.
- Good interpersonal communication skills. SQL tuning experience.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft/ PeopleTools a plus.
- Ability to adopt and communicate company culture.
- Perform System admin functions
- Support and enhance system configurations
- Ensure System Availability thru the setup and use of System Monitors
- Support, enhance and develop Stylesheets
- Develop and support customizations, background processes and integrations with other systems
Desirable Qualifications: C, C#, PERL Script, Cognos reporting, GWT/GXT, Windows application installs and packaging, familiarity with XML, Stylesheets
- A Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent level of work experience as an IT Analyst is required.
- A successful candidate must have at least 6 years of IT experience which includes installing/upgrading third party software on Linux platform; developing, testing and supporting Java applications on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Candidate must have good technical skills, with strong initiative, and must possess excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills.
Concinnity Group, Inc. - 21 months ago
Concinnity Group can help you find the perfect employee to fit your needs, and hitting the target whether you’re looking to add to...