Crestron is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work. Offering integrated solutions to control audio, video, computer, IP and environmental systems, Crestron streamlines technology, improving the quality of life for people in corporate boardrooms, conference rooms, classrooms, auditoriums, and in their homes.
Crestron's leadership stems from its dedicated people who are committed to providing the best products, programs and services in the industry. This culmination of loyalty, devotion and innovation is what our dealers refer to as "The Crestron Experience."
Experienced Infrastructure Developer and Administrator needed to streamline and accelerate the Engineering development process. This will involve both maintaining and improving integration between a growing set of mission-critical applications, running mainly on Linux.
These applications are used exclusively by the Engineering department:
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Maintenance of user accounts and privileges for these applications
- Troubleshooting and support of users for these applications
- Monitoring of performance and access to these applications including usage and intrusion detection - Performing regular, planned upgrades to these applications
- Discovering, specifying, installing, and maintaining new applications as needed
- Monitoring and maintenance of health of the Linux servers running these applications - Developing and implementing strategy for redundancy and disaster recovery
- Continual improvement of integration between different applications, possibly requiring writing new applications
- Developing and maintaining process for regular backups of all user-generated data and periodic validation of that backup data
- Maintenance of license servers for compilers and other Engineering tools
- Maintenance of multiple virtual machines (e.g. VMWare) used for development and automated builds
Must be proficient within a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP/Python) server platform with Microsoft Windows clients. Must be proficient with virtualization (e.g. VMware, KVM) Familiarity with .NET and bash shell scripting a plus. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and see projects through to completion very important.
Must have 5 or more years of experience.
BS in CS or EE
For more than 40 years, Crestron Electronics, Inc located in Rockleigh, NJ 07647 has been the world’s leading manufacturer of...