Talascend is currently seeking a Linux Administrator for a contract opportunity in Peoria, IL.
The Linux Administrator will handle application infrastructure setup, ongoing support, upgrades and enhancements for Parts Catalogs, NCR and PIM solutions in 2013. The same resources will be utilized for similar role on ACM support starting in 2014. Current deployment plans are – Apr 2013: Parts Catalogs Jun 2013: CMMS-PIM Oct 2013: Bucyrus NCR 1.0 2014: Perkins NCR 1.0(/2.0) Dec 2013: ACM 1.0 Funding will be covered by eBusiness, GIS Bucyrus, and TIS programs.
This person will be a member of the SIS Authoring and Parts Quality team, responsible for NCR and PIM solutions support, including: Install/upgrade NCR, PIM applications Support underlying Infrastructure changes to servers, memory, security, databases etc Perform System admin functions Support and enhance system configurations Ensure System Availability thru the setup and use of System Monitors Support, enhance and develop Stylesheets Develop and support customizations, background processes and integrations with other systems.
- Responsible for ensuring the availability and continuity of the enterprise database environments
- Will oversee a diverse array of deliverables and work to optimize our systems capabilities and services
- Will maintain a 24/7 availability window for enterprise applications, work closely with other systems and application engineers to ensure a quality, sustainable infrastructure, and work with system architects to design future environments for customers
- The ability to communicate clearly, deliver a high level of customer service, and think with the future in mind are key attributes for this role
- Service View - (customer-centric) Monitor database performance and assess results in order to define future system capacity requirements for the supported service areas. Assist in root cause analysis on service problems and failures. Assess and recommend architectural designs/changes in response to business or technical drivers. Assist in the evaluation and assessment of new products and technologies that enhance and improve services offered
- Work Unit View - (process-centric) Participate in the continuous improvement of standards and delivery processes for Database Services area. Actively participates in the planning, design, testing, and implementation of database platforms for enterprise systems and applications. Perform database administration, maintenance, and support as needed - installation, script development, upgrade planning, database and SQL tuning, backup and recovery, and maintenance requirements. Develop necessary documentation and diagrams to support implementation of new/changed database environments and configurations. Assist in defining database standards for hardware and software platforms. Assist in developing life cycle oriented processes and procedures for future maintenance and support - maintenance schedules, backup and recovery, testing plans, etc. Respond to problem tickets submitted via internal problem management system; identify problems, communicate status to customers, implement and document resolutions. Provide oversight and support for the application service teams production release processes. Participate in database design reviews and code reviews with developers and provide tuning recommendations if necessary. Work with various service teams to ensure quality of load testing and performance tuning of applications and systems before implementation into production
- Functional View - (people-centric) Serve as liaison to peers, vendors or partners to facilitate problem resolution. Provide technical assistance and training to Consolidated Service Desk. Actively works to maintain and improve skill sets through formal and informal training. Communicate status of work to technical lead/service manager. Identify and communicate issues or concerns regarding deadlines or project scope as soon as possible. Work with other teams to coordinate and facilitate issue resolution as necessary. Participate in on-call 24/7 support rotation
sologig - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard