Xavient Information Systems Inc, headquartered in Simi Valley, California, is a provider of global IT Services providing outsourcing and technology solutions to the telecommunication industry. It has multiple locations in the USA and offshore delivery centers in India and Srilanka. Xavient provides end-to-end IT consulting, system integration, bespoke solutions, managed services and IT professional services to telecommunication industry.
Xavient has working groups around Application Development & Integration, Testing and Quality Assurance, IT Infrastructure Support, Application Support, Core Telecom Engineering Services.
It offers enterprise services and solutions, such as enterprise solutions integration, customization, enhancement, maintenance, and support services; and application development and re-engineering, application portfolio management, open source consulting, and platform and migration services.
Xavient developed a low cost turnkey software solution which performs IPv6/IPv4 interoperability in the customer premises equipment. This enables the customer to deliver IPv6 over IPv4 networks and vice versa.
Founded in 2002, Xavient currently has over 2000+ professionals in India and US. It has offices in Englewood, Colorado; Los Angeles, California; Atlanta, Georgia; Bellevue, Washington; and 3 facilities in NOIDA, India . At present Xavient employs 1800 people in India, of which 80 per cent are based in the country, while 20 per cent stay aboard to work with clients.
Xavient works with large and medium sized companies all over North America delivering IT services through the Iterative Offshore Delivery Model (IODM), a proprietary approach to global delivery of IT services.
In January 2010 Xavient acquired privately held Vision360, a BSS/OSS Systems Implementation, development, architecture, and testing services firm. Based in Herndon, Virginia and Toronto, ON, Vision360 provides BSS/OSS Systems Implementation Development, architecture and testing services to top cable MSO's nationwide.
1. Provide engineers with development workstations, test/special purpose machines through a standardized system build process. Provide systems with SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED 10.4 -clearcase users), SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11.2 (SLED 11.2 – non clearcase users), and others as needed. (Special purpose systems may require CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.)
2. Provide associated engineering equipment like desktop switches, USB-to-serial and USB-to-ethernet protocol converters, network cables, hard drives, etc.
3. Install and configure software products including (but not limited to) Apache, Tomcat, Java, SSL certificates, clearcase, cmake, cups, samba, dns, dhcpd, gd, gnome,firefox, flash, git, json, kde, gtk, Kde, tcl, ldap, mantis, MySQL, Perl, Python, Slickedit, Tversity, VirtualBox, vnc, minicom, X-windows, Yum, Yast. Systems must support building objects for embedded set top box and other embedded systems.
4. Provide software support for workstations regardless of OS and manufacturer. (SLED, SLES, RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows and proprietary systems)
5. Provide support and configuration for desktop virtual images running Windows, Linux, using VMWare, Xen, VirtualBox.
6. Provide Windows software support for Engineering users on Windows W7 for applications like Putty, Cygwin, WinSCP, synergy, GBT and hardware related test programs.
7. Provide 1st line troubleshooting for all desktop hardware and software issues.
8. Support personnel moves and work area reconfigurations.
9. Evaluate desktop and special purpose hardware and software products for integration into desktop support life cycle.
10. Work with vendors to support purchased equipment.
11. Administer access to Linux servers and workstations (Admintools functions).
12. Provide support for security, network and operational issues.
13. Administer and support cryptographic key elements for Linux servers and desktops.
14. Document and maintain hardware and software inventories.
15. Track support requests and provide status on relevant hardware and software failures.
16. Support configuration management duties as assigned for supported platforms and products.
17. Use Ticketing system to schedule and maintain work flow on approved requests.
ZipRecruiter - 10 months ago