Tarrant county client is looking for a Linux Embedded Systems Developer. This is a contract position.
Qualified candidate will develop custom code for, and help integrate software for, a Linux based network appliance to be used internally. Hardware is a custom built, Atom processor based, and has 8GB of SSD, making it actually a hybrid of an embedded and standard Linux system. The individual chosen may help make technical choices and design decisions for this new “from the ground up” device. This project is already in progress, and all the lower level software needed has been developed, leaving higher level message processing and routing software to be completed. Due to the need to integrate with some vendor produced software that is already available, work will be done in C (not C++, although some C++ may also be used). This network appliance is a real-time messaging centric safety system.
All of the following skills, knowledge and experience are REQUIRED:
The following are desired to assist with other aspects of the project. The candidate selected will not necessarily be using all of these:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years experience developing in C. You must be very competent in C. COMPETENCE IN C, NOT C++, is required.
- Experience with the Linux, VxWorks or Unix operating system is required.
- Knowledge of and experience in multithreading/multitasking is required.
- Knowledge of network programming (e.g. TCP/IP, AMQP, etc.) is preferred.
The InSource Group supplies select information technology specialists to some of the area's most prominent companies. We are looking for candidates who can make an immediate, positive impact when placed with our clients. The InSource Group's proven recruiting process ensures you are well matched with potential employers. Our account managers and recruiters have a depth of industry experience that enables us to place you in the optimal setting for your skill set and job requirements. We match candidates and clients so successfully; our client satisfaction on placements is greater than
- Java development experience.
- Knowledge of HTML.
- Experience with SNMP.
- Linux device driver development experience.
- Experience developing a serial communications driver (asynch and synch) for any OS.