For the Driver Engineer who would like to leverage senior level skills working with cutting edge networking and Fibre Channel technology, this contract position with Emulex is a great fit. This opportunity will allow you to break new ground in advancing our converged networking technology and allow you to help set the direction for our driver technology. Here, you will have the power to truly make a difference working closely with our vastly talented and diverse development team. Whether you are looking to work with state-of-the-art Fibre Channel technologies, acquire new skills, or continue down a road of success, this position will provide the platform for career fulfillment that you have been seeking.
As our Linux Device Driver Engineering Contractor, based out of our Bolton, MA headquarters your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the feature development, testing and maintenance of drivers for the Linux operating system distributions.
- Preparing driver updates to send to Linux kernel and Operating System vendors.
- Enhancing and expanding our automated driver test tool harness.
- Working closely with members of the Emulex firmware, applications and software test teams to drive complete customer solutions to general release.
The following skills will make you a great candidate for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years related driver development experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to apply engineering and programming principles to highly complex technical tasks and problems.
- Hands on experience writing and debugging drivers on Linux or Unix.
- Experience debugging kernel code, using kernel development tools and debuggers and analyzing crash dumps.
- Experience with fibre channel or ethernet protocol analyzers.
Other beneficial skills for this position are:
- Multi-threaded low-level device driver development in Unix or Linux environment, storage driver development (particularly fibre channel but also SCSI, iSCSI, SAS or SATA).
- Prior experience with hypervisor kernel development, ethernet driver development, and experience with Linux upstream kernel tree.
Emulex Corporation - 2 years ago