This position is for a full time, entry level Linux Support Technician working on site at our data center in Dearborn, MI (no telecommuting). Basic Linux skills are required, we use Linux exclusively. This is an entry level position but opportunities for advancement are possible as we are a growing company.
- Working with and fixing problems on the Magento ecommerce platform
- Diagnosing problems with CMSs which use PHP/MySQL or Perl/MySQL
- Working with .htaccess
- Diagnosing e-mail problems
- Resetting passwords
- Basic MySQL queries
- Installing/upgrading web software
- Transferring sites between servers
- Installing/repairing servers
Students and Linux server hobbyist are welcome to apply as long as you are proficient with doing everything on the command line.
- Excellent customer support skills
- Familiarity with Linux Web hosting software (Apache httpd, FTP, SSH, MySQL, DNS)
- Patience and perseverance to solve complex problems
- General Linux server experience
- Proficiency with the Linux CLI
- Light web development and/or scripting experience is a bonus
Salary and hours discussed during interview with health benefits after 90 days. In your e-mail, please elaborate on your Linux experience, giving specific examples of projects or other things you have done.
Nexcess is a Southfield, Michigan-based managed hosting company founded in 2000, with wholly-owned data centers located in Dearborn,...