" Linux System Administrar "
with one of our direct clients in Mahwah, New Jersey
for initial contract duration of 26 + months.
Assists with research, evaluation, planning, testing, protection, and support of IS assets. They interacts with applications owners to obtain initiatives and KVIs to translate applications requirements into capacity resource requirements. Assists with reporting of software licenses and hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts and client policies. They plan, forecast, monitor, and tune the capacity and performance of hardware to address applications and user service requirements. They designs, develops, and implements provisioning processes and systems. This position monitors trends and analyzes and plans for capacity growth within the environment and performs availability management.
Details of Position:
Analyzes Capacity, Performance and Asset Management
• Develops and executes the strategy for capacity performance management toolsets (i.e. BMC & vFoglight) to increase effectiveness in managing the computing environment and ensure quality and efficiency of service.
• Develops capacity management and performance monitoring standards and procedures to resolve identified and reported incidents.
• Monitors service component capacity and performance to resolve shortfalls.
• Creates and publishes reports (e.g., application workload reports, database statistical reports, exception reports, etc.) to identify anomalies and maintain performance.
• Creates and runs specialized drill down reports to understand the processing driver of anomalies and research potential performance recommendations.
• Produces capacity forecasts utilizing measured and acquired business units’ information to determine future needs and track plan to actual.
• Collaborates with application and support groups to report variances and implement solutions (i.e., avoid or push out an upgrade).
• Develops budget to plan the capacity needed for the support of the business.
• Maintain and manage performance and capacity data to facilitate analysis and asset
• 5-7 yrs expert knowledge of design and implementation of enterprise computing platforms, distributed architecture, intranet/internet architecture, and storage architecture.
• 5+ yrs senior level knowledge of capacity planning for distributed computing platforms, including UNIX (HP-UX , Solaris 10 and Red Hat Linux), Windows and Citrix.
• 5+ yrs senior level knowledge of enterprise systems/storage/network monitoring and management software tools, techniques, and processes.
• 3-5 yrs knowledge of infrastructure software services, such as but not limited to BMC, vFoglight, HTTP, WebLogic, LDAP, HP OpenView, SQL, Oracle10G.
• 5+ yrs networking in local area network (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), storage area network (SAN) and FC, SCSI, TCPIP protocols, load balancing, and other network transport related technologies.
• 3-5 yrs knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives and architecture methodologies for multi-platform environments.
• College degree, Computer Science preferred.
• Excellent technical problem solving techniques.
• Unix (HPUX, Solaris, LINUX, Windows) operating system experience.
• Knowledge of Wily Introscope, HP Diagnostics, J2EE concepts and performance tuning.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management and staff.