Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking a Linux System Administrator to join our team in Washington D.C. An active Top Secret clearance is required.
- Administer enterprise-level Red Hat Linux systems for development, test, and production environments using VMWare, VSphere, and VCloud
- Install new and/or rebuild and maintain existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards, policies, project and operational requirements, and licensing agreements
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure or add new services as necessary
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as needed. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request. Provide Tier III and other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users/groups
- Maintain and update installation and configuration procedures and documentation. Research and recommend innovative approaches for improving system administration tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, with technical majors such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics preferred
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.x/6.x required
- Experience with Red Hat native clustered file systems
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certifications desired
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS, VMWare 4.x/5.x, VSphere and VCloud strongly preferred.
Additional Qualifications :
- U.S. citizenship with an active Top Secret clearance is required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Work well as both an individual contributor and as part of an integrated team
- Able to quickly understand complex technical problems and devise effective technical solutions
- Able to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with competing priorities
- Dedicated to delivering strong, customer-focused performance in a mission-critical environment
Compensation and Benefits :
- Career Growth – Outstanding Career Opportunities with Competitive Compensation. Customized Training and Development Program. Educational Assistance.
- Health Insurance and Income Protection – Company-Subsidized Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance for Employees and Families. Company-Paid Vision, Life, Accident, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance. Company-Funded Health Savings Accounts
- Investment and Savings – 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off – Company-Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation Time