- Two (2) years of progressively responsible systems administration experience on Linux systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient with RHEL, Active Directory (AD), DNS, and Apache.
- Proficient with generating scripts on Linux for administration and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a virtual environment (VMWARE ESXi preferred).
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, & Essential Job Functions:
- The AIDE project provides infrastructure support for software development groups.
- The LINUX System Administrator will provide support for multiple applications running on Red Hat Linux in a virtual environment.
- Tasks will include installation, configuration and hardening, backup validation, performance tuning, replication setup, and general system and application wellness monitoring.
- Typical responsibilities include the following:
Configuring Linux in a virtual environment.
Monitoring and providing system design recommendations for large scale performance of applications running in a virtual environment.
Installing and testing new versions of application products.
Support for custom software development groups building and testing applications that run on Linux.
Writing documentation and procedures associated with system administration.
Managing and testing backup and recovery plans.
Planning and administering patch and new version upgrades.
Troubleshoot networking, authentication and application performance issues.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Scientific Research Corporation - 16 months ago
Scientific Research Corporation (SRC) doesn't limit its services to the laboratory. The government contractor provides a wide variety...