SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR |
iCarnegie Global Learning, a subsidiary of Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), one of the top ranked universities in the world, exists to use education -- courses and programs, teaching methods, and learning technologies -- to change the world and transform the lives of people. We have helped governments, academia and industrial organizations help their countries become more competitive through strengthening and developing the skills of their workforce with training and workforce development programs. In the process, we have become a world leader in offering educational strategy to governments, institutions and businesses.
We are looking for a skilled LAMP administrator that has intimate knowledge of Linux (preferably CentOS or Redhat). The Linux System Administrator mission is to work with the rest of the IT team to maintain and grow our infrastructure while ensuring a high level of reliability and availability of our systems.
* Monitor server status daily; implement automated monitoring tools.
* Configuration and management of backup solutions.
* Create and test disaster recovery plans and mechanisms to ensure high availability.
* Deploy code and database changes to testing and production environments.
* Configuration and administration of MySQL databases and Apache web servers.
* Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
* Monitor and tune the performance of the infrastructure.
* Installation of servers, software upgrade testing and implementation, OS updates/patches.
* Prepare and maintain infrastructure architecture documentation.
* At least 2 years Linux sysadmin experience, including patch management, Sendmail and log monitoring.
* At least 1 year Apache and MySQL admin experience (including SQL scripting, performance tuning).
* Strong scripting skills (bash/csh/sh, Awk, Sed, Python, PHP or Perl).
* Experience with web site configuration, troubleshooting and tuning.
* Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Syslog, Cacti, Ganglia, Splunk, etc..).
* Experience with high-availability, high-performance technologies (NLB, CDN, memcache, etc) and with caching layers(ETAGS, varnish, memcache, squid, code caching).
* Virtualization experience (knowledge of VMware ESX or ESXi is a plus).
* BS/BA in Computer Science (or related discipline) or equivalent work experience.
The benefits of working at iCarnegie Global Learning include:
• Medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
• Retirement plans (401k)
• Life and disability insurance
• Profit Sharing
• Health / wellness programs
• Onsite gym w/ personal trainer
• Parking/public transportation subsidy
• Monthly company events
• Great view
• Located in downtown Pittsburgh
iCarnegie - 13 months ago