Responsibilities will include the day to day system administration of the company’s mission critical production and pre-production systems.
Key Experience Requirements:
- Linux deployment and support experience – Red Hat kickstart and RHN Satellite experience is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills: ability to create, test, and document appropriate operational procedures
- This person should be self-driven and be comfortable working with some independence
Key Skill Requirements:
- HW (HP/IBM) Blades
- Application Servers (WebSphere/JBoss - Installation experience not required)
- Linux/Unix Systems (Red Hat RHEL-3 thru RHEL-6, Solaris SPARC 8, 9, 10), shell scripting (Bourne, BASH, PERL)
- SAN/NAS Storage familiarity (EMC/NetApp/IBM - No storage management required, but should be familiar with multi-pathing/failover technologies)
- Virtual and Cloud technologies (VMware ESX, ESXi, vSphere)
- Responsible for the mission critical internet facing Linux Platform maintenance, including troubleshooting, systems maintenance procedures and automation strategies.
- Work with the development team to ensure applications meet operational requirements and meet SLA goals.
- Should be comfortable working in a secure, government audited environment – HIPPA, ISO-27001, SOX.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred, and 10+ years experience in IT operations and engineering.
- Proven technical skill in multiple infrastructure disciplines including networking, storage and platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence within and across organizations, functions and business areas.
- Highly organized, capable of multi-tasking and capable of coordinating/aligning resources under an integrated project plan.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required.
Dahl Consulting, Inc. - 24 months ago