We love technology and helping our customers — we get excited about computers and we love programming. We live to solve problems, code software, and make cool stuff happen. And, we love to share our creations with others.This has been our philosophy since Linode was launched in June of 2003 by founder Christopher S. Aker. Initial development took about 6 months. Linode was ahead of its time and helped define the cloud hosting industry, and continues to be a leader in virtualization hosting.
Now, we want the right people on our team, who have both the aptitude and attitude necessary to succeed in the unique culture that we’ve developed over the last 10 years. Fitting into our culture is just as important as holding the skills for the job. We’re looking for a solid employer- employee relationship. Our interview process may seem extensive, but we’re making sure you’re a good fit for us while you make sure we’re a good fit for you!
We’ve invested heavily in being the kind of company that can set the bar for the cloud hosting industry: both through infrastructure and employing the right personnel. We have the best customer service out there and we’re passionate about making it even better. Our development, ops, hardware, marketing, documentation, and management teams are all part of making Linode everything it can be. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
We are currently looking for technical support staff to keep up with our ever-growing customer base and offerings. Candidate must have the intuition to accurately identify and anticipate a customer's needs. As a rapidly growing company, we're always adding new features and services which means plenty of opportunities to develop and grow professionally.
Work With Us
- Great work/life balance: We know time off is important, so we start you with a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Additional Responsibilitie s
- Interact with Linode customers via support tickets, e-mail, IRC, and phone.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and provide accurate and timely responses.
- Identify and escalate recurring issues to system developers.
- Interact with worldwide datacenter NOCs.
- Handle abuse complaints.
- Write or test Linode Library articles.
- Quality assurance testing for new Linode features.
- Build and burn-in hardware and network infrastructure.
- Must be willing to relocate to within commuting distance of Galloway, NJ.
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Familiarity with common Linux server applications such as Apache2, Nginx, Postfix, MySQL, BIND, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot TCP/IP issues, other networking issues (packet loss, connections timing out / refused).
- Ability to troubleshoot firewall issues, identifying problematic / misconfigured iptables rules.
- Ability to troubleshoot DNS issues (using dig, etc).
- B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study or equivalent work experience.
- Linux System Administration experience.
- Network+ or higher certification.
- Familiarity with Linux kernel.
- Experience scripting in Perl, Python, Bash, etc. for system automation and/or database transactions.
- Experience with website development and web development frameworks.
Linode - 11 months ago
Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide, and has been offering companies of all sizes virtualized...