Currently, Restek is seeking a 2 Product Development Chemists to complement our HPLC product Line. The Liquid Chromatography Product Development Chemist performs research and development for new products in support of Restek’s revenue goals and strategic plan. Employees in this position will have unique expertise in developing bonding chemistries for silica products.
Restek Corporation is an employee-owned company that focuses on exceptional customer service, innovation of chromatography products and a dedication to achievement of product and service goals. We are seeking the best talent with positive, productive attitudes, and those that have the initiative and drive to provide Plus 1 customer service to both our internal and external customers.
Job Duties :
· Perform research and evaluation of new and/or existing product manufacturing technology and processes and execute independent research plans as assigned. Identify new product opportunities and improvements to existing products.
· Perform experiments and collect data to support products within assigned area. Develop, manufacture, and test new products and/or materials utilizing current analytical methods, techniques and instrumentation as appropriate.
· Ensure that products and materials are of sufficient quality and quantity to meet production demand.
· Document all steps, experiments and/or procedures in the development process as required and write experience reports detailing experimental design, results and conclusions. Review documentation for accuracy and completeness.
· Communicate progress on projects through monthly reports and at staff meetings. Develop new product instruction sheets, specifications, and testing parameters as necessary and circulate for review and comment with the appropriate departments.
· transfer new products to manufacturing and monitor performance so that processes, quality, documentation, and training can be evaluated and validated. Train manufacturing personnel on any new procedures, processes, specifications or testing as required. Work with manufacturing departments to resolve product quality problems or to improve process efficiency, as requested.
· Answer customer inquiries relating to area of expertise, specifically any call transfers from primary technical service personnel or customer service representatives. Provide customer training as required.
· Maintain regular contact with sales & marketing and other departments to obtain input on new products and customer needs.
· Establish relationships with customers through visits with sales representatives, phone conversations, and specialized product follow-ups.
· Prepare written articles and/or generate publishable data for use by the marketing and technical service areas, and review literature used to market Restek products.
· Represent Restek at conferences and technical meetings, including preparation and conduct of technical presentations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or other related science with at least 5 years of related HPLC Experience or an advanced science degree with nominal related experience in a specific area of expertise
· Extensive knowledge of chromatography specifically with Liquid Chromatography (LC/HPLC)
· Extensive knowledge of bonding chemistry and a solid understanding of silica
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Ability to handle work of moderate complexity with excellent understanding of core responsibilities and processes. Can perform research dealing with complex (known) chemical and polymer reactions with ability to set specifications and prove robustness.
· Ability to answer technical inquiries from customers.
· Ability to present seminar materials and conduct technical presentations.
· Ability to train entry level chemists and other technicians on basic techniques and technologies.
· Can recommend equipment or process changes for area of responsibility.
· Can lead the technology/discipline/market in assigned area and act as an internal and external consultant in area of expertise. Can perform research dealing with new synthesis routes that are not in the literature and patents.
· Significant contribution to the organization based on experience and work that has a multi-million dollar financial impact on the company.
· Ability to help set and drive the strategy for area of expertise.
· Can publish internally and externally, including journals and technical guides, and develop seminars.
· Ability to review the work of lower level chemists and teach others in assigned area.
Restek - 16 months ago