Performs a variety of administrative tasks regarding notice of Lien claims for abandoned vehicles on which the Credit Union holds the loan. Recommends repossession, salvage, or other action in the best interest of the Credit Union to decrease losses and increase net recoveries.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4-5 years progressively responsible experience in collections. Previous experience with collateral liquidation a plus.
- Good organizational and prioritization skills in order to work all assigned accounts daily.
- Basic accounting skills in order to post payments to General Ledger and members’ accounts.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Credit Union products, services, policies, and procedures, including Loss Mitigation policies, The Collection Code of Ethics, and accounting procedures.
- Good knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance necessary to successfully perform job responsibilities, including State ofFloridaconsumer collection laws, the Fair Debt Collection Practices act and UCC regulations on the disposal of repossessed collateral.
- Good knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union computer systems and software programs required to perform job duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including phone skills, in order to interact professionally and effectively with members, all staff, attorneys, and collection agencies.
- Must be able to work under general supervision.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must successfully complete CPD Online Introduction to Credit Unions Course (CU Advance A1004). (Level E only.)
Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union - 17 months ago
Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union is Florida's largest credit union and one of the largest in the US, based on assets. It serves...