The Literacy Support Teacher will work together with lead Teachers to create a warm and welcoming school culture that is driven by student achievement. Mastery is looking for urban educators who are committed to outrageously high expectations and high support for students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with lead teacher to implement Mastery’s literacy curriculum and utilize classroom routines and procedures with consistency
- Work closely with lead teachers to analyze student assessment data and use data to inform instruction
- Collaborate in grade level teams to discuss student work, share best practices, and ensure student mastery of standards
- Participate in on-going professional development in the spirit of continuous improvement
Education and Experience:
- The ability to motivate and challenge students and maintain a highly orderly classroom environment
- Receptiveness to feedback and a desire to continuously improve
- A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
- A belief that all students should be held to high standards
- A positive attitude and a drive for personal excellence
Physical Requirements: Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as maneuvering in classrooms; standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, speaking loudly and clearly, seeing and hearing things both near and far away, stooping, kneeling, fine finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board or projector; Must be able to sit for up to two (2) hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard and mouse and typing.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s preferred in Education or related field
- Previous classroom teaching experience required
Mastery is a growing non-profit charter school network recognized nationally for our work in school turnarounds and dramatic student...