GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge fab under construction in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
Job Summary / Specific Responsibilities:
The engineer in this position will:
- Address layout issues associated with ultraregular patterning as an option for advanced lithography.
- Perform calculations and rigorous simulations in support of such assessment.
- Design and execute tests to generate data in support of the assessments.
- Engage with suppliers of equipment and software.
- Work with other engineers in the Technology Research Group, as well as integration and design enablement to determine the suitability of ultra-regular layouts for foundry application.
- Interface with design enablement engineers and process development engineers.
- BS plus 4 years experience; MS plus 2 years experience; or PhD plus 1 year experience in engineering, physics, or in a related discipline.
- Knowledge of chemical physics is needed, and good communications skills are important.
- Direct experience in lithography, simulation and with masks.
- Electromagnetic wave simulation
- Understanding the basic optics
- Statistics, data analysis and visualization.
- Matlab, JMP, etc.