Lithography Modeling Research Engineer
- This position, in a GLOBALFOUNDRIES lithography research group, is for an engineer who will have a focus on advanced modeling. Such modeling will include studies of stochastic contributions to line-edge roughness, optics modeling, and rigorous simulations for EUV and optical lithography. While the initial focus for the individual selected for this position will be EUV lithography, the person will be part of a GLOBALFOUNDRIES team researching advanced lithographic technologies, including double patterning, design-technology co-optimization, directed self-assembly, electron-beam lithography and EUV lithography, and can expect to have engagement on the full range of lithographic technologies. This engineer may also interact with our development partners and related departments within GLOBALFOUNDRIES, such as OPC Research. The selected candidate may also have interactions with various consortia (such as Sematech and IMEC) in which GLOBALFOUNDRIES has membership. Individuals considered for this position must have a strong technical background in physics, optics and lithography. Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to perform leading-edge research in lithography. Because of the need to interact with many other groups distributed globally, strong communication skills and a willingness to work flexible hours are important.
· Advanced modeling of line edge-roughness, optical lithography and EUV lithography.
· Co-ordinated support of research programs in optical, EUV and next-generation lithography.
· Helping to ensure the transfer of lithographic technologies from research to development, and where appropriate, to manufacturing.
· Summary of work in reports.
· Providing regular communications to the manager of GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ EUV Lithography department.
· BS with 8 years of experience, MS with 7 years of experience or PhD with 5 years of experience in engineering, physics, chemistry, optics or in a related technical discipline, and will have demonstrated the ability to perform advanced technical research.
· Prior experience: candidates must have demonstrated the ability to innovate in lithography research and work well in technical teams. Direct experience in the modeling of line-edge roughness and optical engineering is required.
· Technical excellence: must be capable of contributing to a leading-edge lithography research team.
· Teamwork: The candidate must be able to work as a member of a lithography research group working on a diverse range of lithographic technologies.
· Communication and Collaboration: The candidate must be skilled at communicating complex technical information concisely in English, both orally and in written form. Candidates must be accessible and approachable, respecting intellectual integrity and valuing individuality.
· Ability to work flexible hours for meeting goals and participating in multi-continent teleconferences is required.
· Prior experience in multiple lithographic technologies, such as optical, EUV and e-beam lithography.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).