Litigation Department Administrator |
The Litigation Administrator is responsible for supporting the Litigation Departments daily operations through proactive solutions orientation, relationship development, enterprise influence, business analytics, high-level project management, problem solving, organizational skills and interpersonal skills. This is a front-line position providing excellent analytic and administrative thought leadership and internal customer service.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assistance to the Litigation Department firm-wide.
- Provide support to the Litigation Department Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
- Deliverables include:
- Full knowledge and understanding of responsibilities and duties of each Practice Group Leader in the Litigation Department at any given time.
- Using high-level project management, problem solving and organizational skills to ensure each Practice Group Leader meets and completes his/her deliverables to the Firm.
- Full knowledge and understanding of each Practice Groups budgeting, reporting, and expense management systems, including the Firms client billing and billable and non-billable time reporting systems working in association with the Firms Chief Financial Officer.
- Full knowledge and understanding of the Practice Groups marketing initiatives, marketing budget, marketing expense management, and marketing collateral materials working in association with the Firms Chief Marketing Officer.
- Manage the Practice Groups year-end evaluation processes in association with Department Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Practice Group Leaders, Chair of the Associates Committee and Director of Human Resources.
- Full knowledge and understanding of all Firm policies working in association with the Firms COO and Director of Human Resources
- Full knowledge and understanding of Firm policies and Practice Group practices for the appropriate storage and retention of Practice Area documents working in association with the Firms Chief Operating Officer and Records Manager
- Develop, implement and maintain the Practice Groups attorney development programs.
- Develop and coordinate the production of the Practice Groups periodic client reports.
- Produce Litigation Department- and Practice Group-wide communications, including scheduling Litigation Department meetings.
- High-level knowledge of the Litigation Departments facilities and technologies, in association with the Firms Chief Operating Officer, Chief Technology Officer and Litigation Support Manager.
- General management, operations and logistics, and ensuring activities in the Litigation Department are proactively addressed, coordinated, communicated and efficient.
- Responsible for directly and regularly interacting with the Litigation Department paralegals. Could include assigning, directing, evaluating, and reviewing work.
- Requires strong attention detail, resilience and an ability to work independently and make front-line decisions.
- Advanced degree, concentration in business preferred
- Legal background desirable
- Minimum of five years of executive administration experience, preferably in a professional services environment, including supervisory responsibilities
- A well rounded, self-starter with a high level of confidence, patience, aptitude and drive
CareerBuilder - 23 months ago