Handles No-Fault and third party litigation matters referred from the local state Esurance Claims Office from inception through trial.
- Directly handle assigned litigation cases from inception through trial.
- Determines, advises on and conducts legal action necessary to best protect the interests of the client.
- Provides legal direction of each case from inception to conclusion; includes representing the carrier and its insureds in court.
- Works with state claims office with case developments pursuant to the company’s litigation guidelines and established office procedures.
- Prepares initial pleadings and discovery demands/responses, prepares and appears at hearings on motions, attends depositions and examinations under oath, and represents carrier and its insureds in court through trial.
- Assists in handling third party litigation matters.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and calendaring software programs preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state legal system and law relevant to No-Fault and general personal injury insurance defense litigation.
- Ability to effectively and timely navigate a lawsuit from inception through trial.
- Demonstrated strong professional ethics, reliability and accountability required.
- Must have an active license and be in good standing with the Florida Bar as well as any other state Bar where a license has been held.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent education; Juris Doctorate (JD) degree required from an ABA approved school.
- Two or more years of direct experience handling No-Fault defense litigation with trial and staff counsel experience preferred.
Esurance - 14 months ago
Born online, raised by technology, and majoring in efficiency, Esurance offers consumers an easier, more modern way to manage insurance....