This position is principally responsible for managing asbestos, environmental and commercial litigation, as more fully described below.
• Handles a variety of litigated matters primarily related to the areas of asbestos claims, commercial disputes and toxic torts.
• Assists Law colleagues on pre-litigation commercial disputes.
• Oversees and manages outside counsel.
• Supports internal reporting and tracking of matters.
• Responds to subpoenas.
• J.D. Degree and admission to NJ bar or eligibility for Limited License for Practice of Law required.
• 7-10 years prior experience with a law firm and/or as in-house counsel in the areas of asbestos and toxic tort litigation.
• Some experience in commercial transactions, including sales and procurement related disputes.
• Analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, legal drafting, negotiation and legal reasoning skills.
• Ability to work efficiently with others and coordinate a variety of internal and external activities having legal significance to the Company.
• Ability to manage issues and workload independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
• Must be able to analyze complex situations and apply the law to existing facts.
• Strong organizational skills.