DLA Piper, a leader in the practice of law worldwide, seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with the excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with staff, attorneys, clients and outside vendors. The ideal candidate will handle the large volumes of work associated with each matter, case or transaction, and will work well under deadlines.
Under the supervision of attorneys, prepares drafts of legal and other documents and correspondence for attorney review. Compiles, analyzes and summarizes information. Coordinates efforts between attorneys, clients, outside legal counsel, opposing legal counsel, other parties and outside vendors.
- Drafts simple pleadings and/or assists attorneys with major motions and filings.
- Organizes all necessary documents for depositions, hearings, trials or arbitrations; summarizes depositions and compiles key testimony into case database.
- Locates and reviews information applicable to a particular case, person or subject via online research or document reviews.
- Assists in the preparation of pretrial motions, trial binders, trial exhibits, etc.
- Assists attorneys at depositions, hearing, trials or arbitrations.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with staff, attorneys, and clients on a daily basis. Strong organizational and attention to detail skills to handle large volumes of work associated with each case and transaction. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certification required.
- A minimum of five years' experience as a litigation paralegal in a legal department or law firm.
- Strong skills in MicroSoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Must also have experience with litigation technology, including, eDiscovery, eRooms, cite-checking, blue booking, LiveNote, Concordance, and Relativity.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with 4,200 lawyers located in more than 30 countries throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East. It has leading practices in Corporate and Finance, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Government Affairs and Real Estate. DLA Piper places a special emphasis on both diversity in the workplace and respect for the individual.
DLA Piper provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, including eligibility for year-end bonuses, profit sharing eligibility, a generous paid-time-off policy and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews. The firm encourages ongoing personal development and supports a healthy work/life balance.
DLA Piper is an EEO/AA employer-M/F/D/V.
DLA Piper - 18 months ago