Our Hartford office requires a well-organized and independent paralegal to provide support to attorneys in Litigation. The paralegal will work closely with partners and associates and interact with multiple Dechert departments. In addition to meeting billable hour expectations, this role requires overtime and availability for overnight travel from time to time. Duties include:
- Assist with brief preparation, including cite checking, bluebooking, exhibit identification and organization.
- Manage large case files including discovery documents, pleadings and correspondence files.
- Prepare appellate oral argument binders.
- Prepare documents for discovery in paper and electronic formats in response to opposing counsel requests.
- Work with in-house department and outside vendors for electronic litigation support.
- Prepare case-specific workbooks, witness files and binders.
- Coordinate flow of information between Dechert lawyers, co-counsel and clients.
- Assist in trial preparation and attend trials and hearings.
- Obtain client documents, public records and other factual information via Internet, PACER and various government agencies.
- Perform other duties as necessary for the efficient functioning of the department, office and firm.
- Practice and foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Bachelors degreeand3+ years litigation paralegal experience; paralegal certificate a plus.
- Excellent proofreading, cite checking, bluebooking and research skills.
- Ability to perform electronic research using Westlaw and/or Lexis.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Strong self-starter, able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, iManage/WorkSite and familiarity with computerized litigation databases (Case Logistix a plus).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting a diverse group of the most talented professionals from all sources, regardless of background. We hire men and women with sharp minds, a passion for learning and a strong desire to develop. We want every employee at the firm to feel welcome with an equal opportunity to excel. Thank you for your interest in Dechert LLP.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, using the "I'm interested" link in this posting.
Dechert LLP - 13 months ago
- 1 day ago
- 4 days ago
Axinn Veltrop & Harkrider LLP
- 14 days ago
Dechert LLP is a leading international law firm with 25 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Founded in 1875,...