Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP., has an immediate opening for a litigation paralegal.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Perform a variety of duties including research, investigations, and preparing documents for attorneys according to established policies and procedures by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of first party property defense litigation or sinkhole preferred.
- Prepare initial discovery requests.
- Journal deadlines for responses and monitor for timeliness.
- Prepare discovery responses.
- Prepare deposition summaries.
- Prepare legal documents including, but not limited to motions, briefs, subpoenas, pleadings, chronologies, agreements, deposition and/or trial binders.
- Investigate facts as requested by attorney.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Contribute ideas and strategy based on fact analysis and established law.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical - Synthesize complex or diverse information while considering applicable facts and relevant law.; Collect and research data.
- Design - Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identify, provide recommendations and/or resolve problems in a timely manner according to attorney; gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintain confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Listen and get clarification; respond well to questions.
- Written Communication - Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities; contribute to building a positive team spirit and work well in a team environment.
- Professionalism - Accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments and have a strong work ethic.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follow instructions, respond to management direction; commit to additional hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Take independent actions and calculated risks; ask for and offer help when needed; and have a strong work ethic.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma plus two or more years of first party property defense or sinkhole related experience and/or training; or combination of both.
- Computer Skills: Must have working knowledge of internet software; Microsoft Word software, and E-Filing experience in Court systems.
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, a generous paid time-off policy, pension plan and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews. The Firm encourages ongoing personal development and supports a healthy work/life balance.
Hinshaw is an EEO/AA employer.
Hinshaw & Culbertson - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard