McGuireWoods LLP has an opening for a Paralegal in our Labor & Employment department located in our office in Atlanta, GA.
McGuireWoods LLP is a major U.S. law firm with offices in the United States and Europe. Tracing the firm's roots back to 1834, McGuireWoods has a long history of growth through mergers with predecessor firms in existing markets, as well as client-centered expansion into new markets. Working with clients to develop these strategies, the firm has kept pace with its clients changing needs -- and helping them meet their goals. This has been the firm's philosophy for more than 175 years, and it continues to direct endeavors as the firm looks toward the future. For more information, please visit www.mcguirewoods.com .
- Coordinates maintenance of voluminous document files, which may include research; case related and transactional documents; and materials produced in the discovery process.
- Performs moderately complex factual research and investigation.
- Develops systems to track information and assists with document acquisition, organization, review and analysis
- Compiles information from various sources, analyzes and clearly reports detailed findings using charts, statistics and other tools.
- Manages calendar, docket and tickler systems and assists in meeting filing/action deadlines.
- Proofreads legal documents. May review documents for content.
- Summarizes testimony and lengthy legal or technical documents.
- Communicates with clients professionally over telephone and in person. Responds to client inquiries in attorneys absence. This position is expected to have regular client contact.
- Coordinates trial preparation or transactional closings.
- Drafts detailed correspondence and memoranda for attorneys as requested. Drafts moderately complex legal documents for attorney review.
- Coordinates mailings, copying projects and courthouse filings, where appropriate.
- Utilizes computer databases to organize, store and access information; conducts moderately complex research on LEXIS, Westlaw and other online computer assisted research databases.
- May require supervising a document clerk or temporary employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prefer four-year degree. Paralegal education may be beneficial. Related work experience may be used in lieu of formal education.
- Requires 1-2 years of strong litigation paralegal experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think clearly, respond positively, evaluate situations to determine appropriate action and act decisively under pressure
- Professional demeanor
- Strong facility with personal computers required
- Must be willing to work overtime and travel, when necessary
- Ability to meet targeted billable hours and regularly work overtime
- Thorough understanding of discovery process
- E-Room management experience
- Ability and willingness to travel
McGuireWoods LLP - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Experience, Business Focus and Value
McGuireWoods has been a strong, well-respected and expanding firm for more than 175...