As one of the nation’s largest labor and employment law firms, Ogletree Deakins represents employers in a broad range of workplace matters. Our clients include more than half of the Fortune 50 corporations, and some of Pennsylvania’s largest employers. Our Pittsburgh office offers a dynamic, team-oriented and close-knit collegial environment and has an opportunity available for a full-time litigation paralegal.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Researches law, investigates facts, and prepares documents to assist attorneys.
Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes to prepare legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, appeals for review, approval, and use by attorney. Reviews, analyzes, and organizes documents to assists attorneys in case management and preparation for court and administrative appearances, filings, and depositions.
- Summarizing legal documents.
- Drafting and coordinating service of subpoenas.
- Organizing and indexing case files.
- Determining and calendar of deadlines.
- Performing a wide variety of legal research and data compilation.
- Filing pleadings with court clerk.
- Preparing reports, correspondence, declarations and complaints.
- Drafting of a variety of legal documents.
- Managing case documents.
- Assisting attorneys in preparation for mediations, arbitrations, and trials.
- Assisting attorneys in preparation for depositions.
- Communicating with witnesses and experts.
- Ability to use litigation software.
- Paralegal certification / degree from accredited college or university.
- Ten or more years of litigation experience in a medium to large law firm, required, preferably working in an employment/labor law environment or complex litigation.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, Lexis and Westlaw.
- Experience with Case Map and Concordance a plus.
- Experience in Employment litigation a plus.
Workplace harmony is a labor of love for Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart. One of the largest labor and employment law firms in...