To Support a Legal Operations attorney in handling a caseload of Commercial Litigation and Operational matters.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- File Management – Maintain the computer database and hard copy file for each Operational and Commercial Litigation matter with accurate, up-to-date information; timely open cases with accurate information; input and track all answer dates, trial and ADR dates, as well as other procedurally significant dates; in consultation with in-house counsel set and update damage values, PIL’s and ESV’s; consistently monitor all pending matters on no more than a 45 day diary unless directed otherwise and update the database with relevant information as acquired; gather all closing documents (releases and dismissals) and timely close resolved matters, accurately reporting all relevant financial data; draft accurate and concise “Statement of the Case” for all pending and closed matters
- Discovery –Interview employees and gather information and documents to assist local counsel in responding to discovery requests; timely develop and provide draft responses to discovery requests; facilitate employee witness contact for local counsel; provide other information and documentation in response to requests from local counsel.
- Operational Matters – Review, comment and suggest revisions on contract matters as requested by in-house counsel, including contracts involving marketing promotions and contests, Shopping Center Service Agreements, Application for Permission to use Common Area, CULA’s and other company form contracts; develop and provide responses to third party discovery requests; timely investigate and gather relevant information and documents regarding EEOC charges of discrimination and other administrative agency inquiries; perform lease review and analysis; prepare written memoranda on matters under evaluation as directed by in-house counsel; draft default letters, demand letters and other relevant correspondence on pending matters;
- Commercial Litigation Matters – Timely prepare memoranda on matters under evaluation; timely draft tender letters regarding mechanics lien and other matters; provide research as directed by in-house counsel; assist local counsel in marshalling information from in house sources such as CTI, SSLE, central files, etc; gather other supplemental information or documents.
- RDP Lease Matters – Review, comment upon and suggest revisions to changes to the company’s standard RDP lease form as proposed by RDP tenants; assist in-house counsel to gather information and analyze possible RDP collection and/or eviction matters; assist in-house counsel to investigate and gather relevant information regarding landlord/tenant disputes involving RDP tenants; prepare miscellaneous written memoranda on pending matters under evaluation as directed by in-house counsel; draft default letters, demand letters and other relevant correspondence on pending matters.
- Invoices and Miscellaneous Duties – Timely review, comment upon, approve and input invoices regarding pending CL/OP matters; prepare check requests; prepare routine severance releases; prepare routine correspondence; timely prepare reports for auditor/partnership requests for information on pending matters; prepare other reports on pending matters as requested by in-house counsel; other duties as may be assigned by in-house counsel.
- Preferred: Paralegal Certificate or Bachelor's degree.
- Litigation experience preferred.
Simon says: "Shop!" And millions do. Simon Property Group is the largest shopping mall and retail center owner in the US, with a...