The TMX Finance family of companies is one of the largest and fastest growing consumer specialty finance companies in the United States. With brands that include: TitleMax, TitleBucks, InstaLoan, EquityAuto Loan, TMX Credit, and AutoCash, TMX Finance is comprised of a diversified product offering. Headquartered in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, TMX Finance has over 1,200 stores spanning 14 states and has aggressive growth plans to double in size in the next three years. The rapid growth of the company has created a wealth of career opportunities at our corporate offices. If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning potential and tremendous advancement opportunities, you’ve come to the right place.
The Litigation Paralegal will provide high-level paralegal support to the Corporate Counsel, Staff Attorney, and Legal Department involving many areas including compliance, litigation, corporate matters, contracts, real estate/leasing, labor/employment law and consumer bankruptcy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Provides litigation support to the Corporate Counsel, Staff Attorney and/or Senior Managing Paralegal including collecting, organizing, and producing documents in response to all types of discovery requests including third party subpoenas, drafting written responses to discovery requests, managing litigation calendars and maintain litigation files
- As directed by the Corporate Counsel, Staff Attorney, and/or Senior Managing Paralegal drafts, negotiates and manages contractual matters, conveys routine information regarding legal and/or contractual issues associated with existing or proposed operational situations.
- Assist attorneys with regulatory and compliance issues
- Manage the multi-state repossession vendor database, including contract management, insurance compliance and dispute resolution; provide support to the field regarding repossession law and vendor management
- Draft responses to customer correspondence from the state and other regulatory authorities
- Conduct research on specific legal issues or topics
- Assist with any questions/legal support needed in the field of 1000+ store locations
- Analyzes and reviews real estate leases and other pertinent documents
- Supports/monitors Human Resources matters by investigating, managing and assisting in the resolution of labor and employment related issues with all levels of professionals, including outside counsel
- Provide case management support, including monitoring and following up on case calendars, filing deadlines, and paper and electronic docket research
- Prepares and conducts and/or assists with training classes and workshops on various legal and/or related topics, as requested
- Communicates effectively with corporate heads, customers, witnesses and opposing counsel
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest developments in applicable law and in other related areas
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Corporate Counsel, Staff Attorney and/or Senior Managing Paralegal.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, please be advised that only those candidates that we are interested in pursuing for an interview will be contacted.
- Minimum of 0- 3 years of paralegal experience
- Litigation experience is required
- Consumer Finance regulatory experience is a plus
- Consumer bankruptcy experience is a plus
- Corporate experience is a plus
- Professionally collaborate with all levels of management and C-level executives
- Demonstrate professionalism and skill working in a team environment and coordinating workloads
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet aggressive and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Willingness to work extended hours, as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and communicate status of each to manager in a timely manner
- Experience with litigation, regulatory/administrative compliance, insurance, labor and employment law
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applicaitons
TitleMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TMX Finance - 11 months ago