Participates as a team member and assists attorneys, paralegals and senior litigation technology professionals with litigation matters by playing a significant role in the work required to support the firm's clients. This hands-on position provides advanced technology support and training for all stages of the litigation process, including e-discovery and trial project management. This position reports to the Litigation Technology Supervisor or Manager, may be directed by Litigation Technology Specialists, and instructs, delegates to and is assisted by the Litigation Support Analysts and Technicians. Availability for overtime and flexibility for travel are required.
1. Works with case teams and senior litigation technology professionals to assess and support technology needs throughout all stages of the litigation or government investigation process. Responsible for the advanced technical and project management aspects of discovery, including the stages outlined in the Electronic Discovery Reference Model. Coordinates with senior litigation technology professionals and case teams to select, communicate with and manage outside vendors for electronic discovery projects. Works with case teams and vendors to prepare project design and coding manuals. Acts as the main contact for service issues with electronic data collection, processing and hosting vendors.
2. Provides consultation and project management services to litigation teams regarding database design and e-discovery workflow. Develops technology related training and document review workflow processes for contract attorneys. Tracks multiple projects to ensure case deadlines are met. Develops recommendations, plans, cost estimates, budgets, procedures and specifications for case-specific projects.
3. Provides consultation on trial support services to case teams, on-site and courtroom technology, on-site support and trial presentation services.
4. Develops and provides one-on-one or case team training for litigation technology applications and courtroom technology as needed. Develops and teaches litigation technology classes in the attorney and staff training programs. Prepares training materials and related documentation. Serves as a mentor to and provides leadership and training for Litigation Support Analysts and Technicians.
5. Complies with department and firm administrative procedures and policies.
6. Assists with firm and department projects as needed and performs other work-related duties as assigned by a Litigation Technology Supervisor.
7. Responsible for working on client, firm and department related projects for 1600 hours per year with a minimum of 1200 hours billed to client-related work.
• Able to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs.
• Able to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel, including attorneys, paralegals and technical support personnel.
• Able to learn new skills as technology changes.
• Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must pay attention to detail and be able to follow up and follow through.
• Able to utilize judgment to make sound, justifiable recommendations and know when and to whom to escalate issues.
• Able to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context.
• Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
• Able to work under tight deadlines, carry out multiple related activities simultaneously and prioritize appropriately.
• Must be team-oriented and able to share information, goals and opportunities.
• Able to work in a multi-office environment.
• Able to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
• Able to travel nationally and internationally, often on short notice.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree, a minimum of 4 years of law firm litigation support experience, excellent organization, project management and communication skills, advanced knowledge of litigation applications and discovery processes and technologies, including e-discovery, advanced understanding of the entire litigation support process and substantial document control and case management experience, experience working with vendors on pricing proposals and project management, and experience with litigation support applications such as Introspect, Relativity, Concordance, LiveNote, CaseMap, Sanction, ASPs, or other automated discovery tools.
Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements. Firm management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Ropes & Gray is a national law firm serving the needs of businesses throughout the country and the world. Its more than 400 lawyers provide...