REPORTS TO: Director – Credit Service and Support
Responsible for providing service and support to Litigation Officers; including coordination, review and preparation of litigation documents. Responsible for coordination of appropriate accounting changes with the Loan Accounting and Controller’s Teams. Maintain inventory of acquired property. Monitor compliance of audit practices for the Credit and Resolutions Team. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers and team members by providing consistent high quality service that is timely, thorough, and responsive to customers and exceeds their expectations. Work in a team environment to accomplish goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinate delivery, setup and research of documents that involve formal legal action, including, but not limited to, bankruptcy, foreclosure, replevin, and/or money judgment proceedings.
2. Prepare documents required for certification, execution or notarization.
3. Respond to inquiries/problems relative to the execution of documents in the foreclosure or bankruptcy process.
4. Review affidavits and other document types that require execution as part of a foreclosure or bankruptcy process to ensure policies and procedures are in place to properly execute documents.
5. Complete documentation for the hiring of attorneys when legal action is needed. Upload documents for review by hired attorneys.
6. Coordinate with the Loan Accounting Team on changes relating to accrual/stop accrual, discharges, dismissals, and litigation status.
7. Monitor compliance of established audit practices required of the Credit and Resolutions Team.
8. Maintain inventory of acquired property and coordinates with Loan Accounting Team and Controller’s Team when property is acquired or disposed.
9. Maintain effective ongoing communication with Litigation Officers and Credit Service and Support Team.
10. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Two to four year college degree preferred and/or a combination of related experience or specialized training. A minimum of five years related experience required, which includes a minimum of 2 years of litigation servicing (foreclosure, bankruptcy, acquired property) experience required. Familiarity with legal terminology, state and federal court filing rules, basic legal procedure and law office protocol.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Coordinate cross-training and mentoring new employees.
2. Participate on work groups and cross-functional teams.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A general working knowledge of Farm Credit Services of America processes
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of credit extension and administration processes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Basic knowledge of financial principles and their application to credit delivery
- Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential materials
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good human relations, oral and written skills
- Ability to initiate, organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrated teambuilding attitude and skills
- Knowledge of Association credit policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines beneficial, but not required
- Ability to use financial software applications
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer
- Limited overnight travel up to 10% and irregular hours required as needed
Extensive contact with FCSAmerica employees including Account Litigation Officer, AgDirect Litigation Officers, Retail Lending, Retail Credit Underwriting, ABF, Legal, Finance, and Appraisal Team members; FCSAmerica customers; attorneys, and title insurance companies.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to travel by auto or commercial transportation up to 10% to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities.
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable time frame and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Ability to operate telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
- Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
- Ability to use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer and ability to use and understand various computer software related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the position
- Ability to understand and explain various subject matter and consult on concepts, programs, terminology and methods.
- Ability to use a keyboard/calculator/computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, industry specialists, and the public at all levels.
- Ability to use and understand various computer software related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the position.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
Farm Credit Services of America, based in Omaha, Nebraska, is dedicated to serving the agricultural credit, risk management and financial...