Live Operations Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
Kabam is the leader in the western world for free-to-play core games with 1st and 3rd party published titles available on mobile devices via the Apple Store, Google Play, and on the Web via Facebook, Yahoo, Kabam.com and other platforms. In 2012 Kabam revenues grew by 70 percent to more than $180 million. The company is profitable and has seven titles that gross more than $1 million per month, including four grossing more than $3 million and two grossing more than $7 million per month. Kabam's Kingdoms of Camelot franchise has grossed more than $200 million in less than four years, making it one of the top 10 strategy franchises of all time. In 2012, Kabam Publishing was launched and in April 2013 Kabam announced the $50 million WWDevFund to provide third-party developers access to Kabam’s technology platform, marketing channels, and best practices that Kabam’s in-house development teams use to bring wildly successful games to players worldwide. Kabam has 600 employees across three continents, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Google, Warner Brothers, MGM, SK Telecom, Intel, Canaan Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Pinnacle Ventures. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will analyze product and sales metrics and work with the live operations team to come up with new ways to maximize the lifetime value of our customers.
The Live Operations team works together to optimize sales/promotions, competitions/engagements, forums, social media, and overall player experience for Kabam’s games. The team relentlessly strives to keep our games vibrant and exciting for our players; resulting in increased player acquisition, retention and monetization. The team functions in a fast-paced, open environment where change is constant and adaptation is a must. Innovation and creativity are critical components to success.
Day to day:
- Analyze key metrics and user feedback on a real-time basis to determine user trends and behavior.
- Forecast and achieve set goals for monetary performance\Perform large data set analyses that generate actionable findings.
- Incorporate best practices derived from analysis into new and existing game features.
- Partner closely with core functional teams, such as Engineering, to refine approved features.
- Drive the implementation of new tools and features to improve virality , engagement, and monetization
The candidate who excels will have the potential to move into larger roles within the Live Operations team, taking on more responsibility in the planning of events and monetization.
MUST Have Experience:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision;
- Stock Options
- 401k matching;
- $250 gym reimbursement;
- $1000 per year educational stipend;
- Commuter Benefits
- Complimentary daily catered lunches and dinners;
- Tons of snacks, drinks, etc.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- 2-5 years of experience in Product Management, Finance/Management Consulting, data mining, Consumer Web/Mobile applications required.
- Mastery of Excel required.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of MySQL required.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Gaming background a plus, but not required, either in development or publishing. A sincere interest in gaming and related data sets is essential .
- Experience working with external/overseas development teams a plus.
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S**
Kabam - 8 months ago
Kabam is the leader in the western world for free-to-play core games with 1st and 3rd party published titles available on mobile devices and...