Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 38,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
Pilgrim's is seeking a Live Production Accounting Clerk II for our Pittsburg, TX location.
This position will be responsible for accounting activities relating to the broiler and breeder operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculating and preparing grower payments, settlements, bank assignments, IRS Levy's, fuel pay, bonus pay and incentive pay
- Tracking and verifying costs on broiler and/or breeder flocks
- Performing breeder flock closings on a weekly/monthly basis
- Capitalizing pullet flocks on a weekly/monthly basis
- Monitoring broiler and/or breeder inventories weekly
- Keying accounts payable and accounts receivable for broiler and/or breeder growers and contract catchers/haulers
- Controlling what accounts receivable deductions are coming out of a grower's payment on a weekly/monthly basis, by putting items on hold or off hold
- Maintaining grower files
- Working with internal and external auditors on a regular basis
- Will be working with outside grow-out locations on a daily basis, by email and phone
- Performing related tasks as requested
EDUCATION: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
BASIC SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
- Typically requires 2 years of clerical/accounting experience
- Microsoft Office experience required. SAP experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Pilgrim's - 14 months ago