The Livestock Tech is responsible for assisting in the care of livestock responsibilities required for the day to day operations and maintenance of the livestock/farm areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for caring for all Livestock including; Sheep, Goats, Miniature Donkeys, Llamas, Chickens & Turkeys
· Maintains and sanitizes the livestock/farm buildings
· Repairs and maintains fences and other structures
· Assists in observing and reporting any signs of disease/disorders of livestock
· Assists with operating and cleaning of milking machinery and milking of the dairy herd
· Assists in safety procedures and understands all sanitation safety
· Understands State of TN Livestock standards & requirements
· Ensures all livestock are fed according to scheduled times
· Assists with cheese making procedures as needed
· Promotes livestock program as often as possible
Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
To perform the essential functions of this position regular and consistent attendance in required.
Must be able to work well with other Team Members, Managers and interact with our guests.
No Supervisory Responsibility
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED
Must be able to communicate with all levels of Team Members & Guests in a professional and courteous manner
Understanding of Basic math
Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Must be able to be on feet for majority of the day
Must be able to safely operate a golf cart or company vehicle
4,200 acres of Blackberry Farm property
Blackberry Farm - 2 years ago