NATURE OF POSITION :
Responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Successfully completes in-house safety and product training: Learns the hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders; how to read and interpret cylinder labels; and the color coding of tanks.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Referring to the load sheet for the day’s orders. Accurately loads various trucks for delivery to customers.
- Complies with company and DOT guidelines and procedures relating to loading methods, loading for safety, availability of cylinders, and weight distribution.
- Assists in the orderly maintenance of the premises, vehicles or cylinders.
- Performs other duties as assigned for the efficient operation of the department.
- Responsible for personal safety and health.
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Reports all unsafe actions and conditions to supervisor immediately.
- Knowledgeable of hazards associated with high pressure cylinder tanks.
- Must be punctual and comply with hourly work schedules.
- Ability to work with other department employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
- Ability to perform very heavy work—routinely lift 25 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
- Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be familiar with Airgas Standard Operating procedures
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA LLC.
Airgas Inc. - 11 months ago
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...