ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION
The order assembly picker/loader is responsible for picking orders, palletizing, loading and unloading products and/or cases, and working any station or line that is assigned. The order assembly picker/loader works anywhere in the Load-out/Freezer/Cooler areas that may be assigned.
· Responsible for pulling products for customer orders.
· Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment (when certified).
· May use hand-held tracking device
· Mark the paperwork properly when making adjustments for product shortages.
· Keep accurate records on load sheets, inventory sheets, scrap sheets, and computerized equipment.
· Ensure proper code date rotation.
· Keep palletizer stocked with empty pallets to permit non-stop operation of the palletizer.
· Report any mechanical problems such as bad wearstrips, plugged or missing lube nozzles, spacer stop malfunctions, palletizer malfunctions or conveyor breakdowns.
· Report any product/packaging issues.
· Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
· Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
· Consistently communicate with Foreperson to ensure work flow.
· Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
· Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
· Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
ENTER JOB REQUIREMENTS
· High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
· Must be able to able to stand, walk, push or pull a majority of the day. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases up to 6-8 cases high.
· Must be able to work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
· Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Dean Foods Company is a processor and distributor of dairy products. The Company also is a manufacturer and distributor of specialty food...