SUMMARY: Attends to and supervises the loading of market hogs from commercial finisher buildings by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Follow proper department procedures outlined in Seaboard training manuals:
- Understanding intercompany customer/supplier requirements to insure quality.
- Follow procedures outlined by Team Leaders/Department Heads/Cell Leaders.
- Follow Seaboard attendance and punctuality rules.
- Follow all Seaboard safety guidelines.
Assist Department Team Leaders and Members in meeting production and cost requirements by doing the following. (Additional duties may be assigned.)
- Ensures loadout procedures are followed by all team members.
- Sort and loadout market hogs.
- Following stated pig handling procedures.
- Remove dead animals or tissues as required.
Maintain proper department and farm appearance by:
- Properly storing equipment.
- Washing building, clothing and equipment as needed and scheduled.
- Keeping all trash and items picked up.
- Assisting in cleaning and maintaining office vehicles and all farm areas.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have a valid Drivers License and clean MVR.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos . Ability to write simple correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to speak, understand and write both English and Spanish preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift up to 100 pounds and sometimes push/and or move up to 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is commonly exposed to airborne particles and gases at low concentrations. The employee is frequently exposed to waste material, feed and hog dust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management.
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...