ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review the mortgage application received from the loan officer. Verify the information identified in the loan origination system. Verify the accuracy of the Good Faith Estimate and Truth-in-Lending disclosure and re-disclose if necessary.
- Identify due dates required to ensure loan is complete and ready for closing. This includes completion of the 21 day letter, commitment letter deadline and the estimated closing date to ensure loan is closed, disbursed and delivered within Investor requirements.
- Review supporting documentation for completeness and consistency with the information indicated on the loan application. Input missing or modified information into the companys loan origination system. Communicate discrepancies with information and documentation requirements with loan officer.
- Validate information to ensure qualifications are consistent with Investor underwriting guidelines. Determine deadlines required to ensure loan closes within the Purchase and Sale Agreement, rate lock and Investor delivery requirements.
- Complete credit and appraisal analysis for the loan to ensure compliance with Investor and regulatory requirements.
- Contact vendors assigned to the loan application to obtain status of required documentation such as appraisal companies, flood certification companies and attorneys/title companies.
- Maintain accuracy of the companys database by reviewing and updating information as it is received.
- Prepare commitment letter and provide to the appropriate party for sign-off.
- Review all conditions of the loan approval and ensure all conditions are satisfied before submitting the loan to the Closing Department for completion of the closing package.
- Complete all HMDA information to ensure accuracy of HMDA Information prior to submitting the loan to the Closing Department.
- Maintain a pipeline of approximately 35-40 loans at all times.
- Communicate with customers, co-workers and vendors to obtain documentation required to complete transaction
- Perform other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Processor, Processing Assistant or Loan Officer Assistant.
- Complete understanding of the legal, compliance and Investor requirements of residential mortgage products including conforming, alternative and government programs.
- Ability to handle full caseload of submissions of both purchases and refinances with finite lock periods. Must be able to review submissions thoroughly, make sound loan decisions and work at an acceptable pace so as to avoid delays and/or extensions.
- Excellent follow up, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in various computer software programs includes Microsoft Office, database management and other business applications. Flexibility to handle constantly changing multiple priorities and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Must be able to sit, walk or stand for extended periods.