RPM Mortgage, Inc. is looking for an Assistant. The Loan Assistant performs purely administrative duties for loan agents. The primary responsibilities are to provide administrative and organizational support for effective movement of a loan applicant package. Responsibilities include screening calls, preparing loan packages for submittal and communicating with vendors, clients and staff. Assistant is not responsible for taking a consumer credit application and/or offering, negotiating, or discussing the terms and conditions of a loan. This is a position located in Alamo, CA.
Essential Core Competencies:
- Relieves the Loan Agent of purely administrative tasks and coordinates loan work flow to include screening calls, preparing loan packages for submittal and communicating with vendors, clients, and staff
- Ability to interpret and review Purchase Agreements, Appraisals, Tax Forms and Title documentation
- Update and follow up on delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and prioritize daily tasks accordingly
- Process replies on own initiative or from managers dictation or notes
- Handle all inquiries within prescribed duties
- Maintain client database and calendar
- Other duties and tasks assigned as needed by Loan Agent.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished. Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone for the situation and audience. Listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Applies creativity and originality in the work setting, when appropriate. Suggests or applies new ways of addressing ongoing work issues and challenges. Sees possibilities that others have not yet seen, or combines ideas and approaches suggested by others in a unique manner that results in breakthroughs and improvements. Understands when to be creative and when to stick with what exists now.
- Handles sensitive or difficult issues with grace and confidence. Remains clear-headed and focused and inspires others to do the same. Remains objective in the face of strong emotions. Can acknowledge strong emotions without being unduly influenced by their intensity.
- Shows genuine sensitivity to the needs, feelings and capabilities of other people. Deals with others in a pleasant manner. Treats others with respect and consideration.
- Has established a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization. Is personally committed to high quality work and encourages others to have similar standards.
- Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time to ensure that deadlines are met. Plans his or her time and sticks to those plans. Prevents or manages interruptions until the highest priority tasks are accomplished. Ability to work effectively under pressure and within tight time frames.
- High school diploma and some college
- 2+ years of general administration experience
- 2+ years of mortgage banking experience
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications. Prior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Calyx Point, Act!, and DataTrac preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations and requirements with emphasis on MDIA, TILA and RESPA reform. FHA knowledge a plus.
- Understands the loan flow process from application to closing including file structure and loan documentation requirements.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. recently ranked 6 th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of mortgage loan professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. - 10 months ago