StanCorp Mortgage Investors originates and services small commercial real estate loans. With more than 100 years of mortgage lending experience, we have developed expertise in high-quality commercial mortgage loans of between $500,000 and $5 million.
StanCorp Mortgage Investors is seeking an ambitious commercial real estate professional to join its high volume Loan Closing Team. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate personal drive, strong comprehension, an ability to analyze complex real estate transaction data, solid verbal and written communication skills, adaptability, and application of legal real estate knowledge and superior delivery of customer service. The right candidate will analyze conditions and legal requirements of real estate loan commitments, prepare all loan documents and closing instructions for escrow and coordinate with representative of company legal counsel, correspondents, title companies, escrow services, and borrowers.
- Analyze loan commitments for legal and other closing requirements. Coordinate with correspondents and/or borrowers to ensure timely delivery of all commitment items. Coordinate with legal counsel, correspondent, title and escrow companies to clarify requirements and establish funding schedules.
- Coordinate with team members and capture data into the loan closing software. Prepare draft and final loan documents in a timely and accurate fashion to support the loan funding timelines.
- Review preliminary title reports for conditions and exceptions affecting the Company's first lien position and/or underlying collateral quality. Develop/recommend appropriate course of action. Coordinate action items with team members, correspondent and title company representatives.
- Perform entity evaluation and work with team members and legal counsel to affirm entity appropriateness to the underwriting requirements and obtain appropriate documentation. Review and approve entity documentation to validate borrower's authority to complete the loan transaction for complex borrowing entities.
- Coordinate work load with team members, capture relevant data into ATS, maintain funding schedules and checklists, and monitor commitment deliverables.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
- Education: Associates Degree or higher in related field.
- Experience: Two to three years experience in commercial lending with an emphasis in real estate principles, title and escrow, real estate law, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
StanCorp Financial Group - 8 months ago
Providing insurance and related financial services is standard operating procedure at StanCorp Financial Group. Through Standard...