Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Manage a team engaged in performing duties related to managing loan and MBS pool transactions, including overseeing customer (lenders, servicers, and internal partners) performance, to ensure data accuracy, adherence to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to processes and procedures and overall unit strategy. Participate in or lead special projects. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities related to loan processing by funding and delivering whole loans and securitizing mortgage backed securities (MBS), overseeing monthly servicing activities, providing customer service and ensuring proper documentation is created and maintained. Ensure timely and accurate processing and manage reviews.
- Assist and support staff in resolving highly complex issues related to loan transaction funding and delivery accuracy, MBS securities, and customer performance. Direct the team in executing complex transactions, project management and the resolution of business problems.
- Support servicing of customer portfolio to monitor funding and delivery accuracy and customer performance.
- Build internal and external customer relationships. Develop customer training and provide training in partnership with internal partners.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls. Lead and participate in process improvement initiatives focused on strengthening internal controls and providing operational efficiencies. Initiate process changes in response to risk and control gaps.
- Identify, define and support introduction of new products and business initiatives, including opportunities to streamline and automate. Ensure the technology environment is stable and meets the businesses needs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Experience in a financial institution, mortgage operations, public accounting, large corporate internal audit, or operations preferred; experience in mortgage banking or financial institutions strongly desired.
- Successful candidate will have people management experience including responsibility for performance reviews, coaching, motivating, monitoring workload and other career development activities.
- Successful candidate will have exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with managing projects and strategic initiatives.
- Experience in developing an in-depth understanding of all areas assigned and the ability to leverage that knowledge to assist staff in prompt issue resolution and process/control improvements. Individual must have the training and experience to understand and analyze complex business and technical issues and possess a solid understanding of Fannie Mae's business.
- Expert knowledge of servicing and acquisition data, Fannie Mae systems, Investor Reporting processes, and the secondary mortgage market preferred.
- Candidate must have full knowledge of corporate transaction life-cycles and how to apply operational risk management and controls to the process.
- Successful candidate must be able to assume responsibility for major project deliverables working with multiple cross functional teams to accomplish shared goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential to the position. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word expected.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 19 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...