Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Operating under limited supervision, manage and monitor loan and MBS pool transactions, including overseeing customer (lenders, servicers, and internal partners) performance, to ensure data accuracy, adhere to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk. Conduct research and analyses, problem-solving and reporting. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform reporting, remitting, and reconciling activities related to the funding and delivery of whole loans and securitization of mortgage backed securities (MBS) and monthly servicing activities. Analyze data, research issues and exceptions, and resolve discrepancies. Ensure adherence to internal controls and regulatory standards.
- Provide assistance to customers regarding operational performance in areas such as monthly servicing, delivery accuracy, custodial account management, cash management, reporting, remitting, and lender compliance. Report results and concerns to management. Collect and analyze data regarding customer performance.
- Conduct in-depth root cause analyses of customer problems and issues. Propose solutions. Facilitate implementation.
- Manage special and negotiated deals, high volume deals, and new lender deliveries for assigned lenders. Recommend effective solutions for consideration by management.
- Build internal and external customer relationships. Respond to inquiries.
- Monitor, and update workflow processes. Ensure processes respond to operational risk and control objectives, process improvement goals, and achievement of business goals.
- Support the technology group by testing system enhancements prior to release.
- May perform complex projects or participate as a team member on highly complex products.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively across departments and teams
- Ability to juggle competing priorities on a day to day basis
- Strong MS Excel and Access skills a plus
- Experience with loan data a plus and familiarity with SIR loan data preferred
- Ability to work well in a dynamic team environment and willingness to take ownership of tasks and duties;
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 22 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...