Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Manage and monitor loan and MBS pool transactions, including overseeing customer (lenders, servicers, and internal partners) performance, to ensure data accuracy, adherence to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk. Provide expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Conduct research and problem-solving on complex issues. May guide and direct the work of team members and provide training to staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform complex reporting, remitting, and reconciling activities related to the funding and delivery of whole loans and securitization of mortgage backed securities (MBS) and monthly servicing activities. Analyze data, research issues and exceptions, and make appropriate changes. Ensure adherence to internal controls and regulatory standards.
- Review operational performance in areas such as monthly servicing, delivery accuracy, custodial account management, cash management, reporting, remitting, and lender compliance. Report results and concerns to management. Ensure disclosures are accurate.
- Conduct in-depth root cause analyses of customer problems and issues. Propose solutions. Facilitate implementation.
- Manage special and negotiated deals, high volume deals, and new lender deliveries for assigned lenders. Devise effective solutions on highly significant matters.
- Build internal and external customer relationships. Support customer training activities in partnership with other staff and internal partners.
- Monitor, and update workflow processes. Ensure processes respond to operational risk and control objectives, process improvement goals, and achievement of business goals.
- Support the technology group by testing system enhancements prior to release.
- May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Ideal candidate will also be proficient in Access.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...