This position is responsible for managing the Loan Operations Specialized Lending Unit. The primary responsibility of the Syndication and Participation Unit is to set up the deal and facility structures on the system, book the loans, process notices and maintenance the accounts. This includes managing deals where the Bank is the lead agent. This position will also have responsibility for the Managing Loan Operations Loan in Process account. This account requires regular review, processing and clearing of outstanding items to insure the timely processing of the loan transactions and to provide tight controls over the account. Provide reporting as directed by management.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Daily management and leadership of Syndication and Participation Unit. Currently 4 FTE’s
2. Insure syndications and participations deal structures are set up properly and booked timely
3. Insure that all notices, activity maintenance and processing is completed accurately and timely
4. Insure the Bank processes and appropriately manages lead agent deals – including all correspondence
5. Work research and maintenance emails and requests as necessary
6. Insure the Loans in Process Account is managed and outstanding items are cleared appropriately
7. Insure that procedures and processes are documented, updated and the staff adheres to them
8. Insure that the Unit adheres to designed process and procedural risk controls
9. Provide quality control checks and review of work processed by the Unit
10. Balance and submit for processing any maintenance or monetary adjustments.
11. Prepare, review and submit volume/service level reporting daily, weekly and monthly as defined by management.
12. Assist with training as necessary
1. Excellent knowledge of commercial loans and commercial documentation
2. Excellent communication skills.
3. Customer Service oriented and a very good team player.
4. Self-motivated, ability to work independently, strong organizational skills.
5. Results oriented and detail driven.
6. Ability to multitask and work in a high pressure environment.
7. Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook.
High school diplomas or equivalent
5+ years of Loan Operations/Operations experience.
5+ years of syndication and participation processing experience
5+ year of management and supervisory experience
Cadence Bank - 12 months ago