LOAN PROCESSING MANAGER (SBA 7a experience necessary!)
Do you have expertise and experience with SBA 7a lending?
Are you passionate about teamwork and helping small businesses?
Are you attentive to details?
Do you enjoy looking for ways to develop or improve processes that generate efficiencies that help customers and lenders?
Do you take pride in managing teams that provide seamless customer service?
Then you just might be the right person to be the new Loan Processing Manager for CDC Small Business Finance.
CDC Small Business Finance (CDC), founded in 1978, is the nation’s largest certified development company having funded over 10,000 SBA loans and managing a portfolio of over $2 Billion. In 2011 we became an SBA 7a Community Advantage Lender and quickly became the nation’s leader in that product line. We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation. We are building a team of player managers to lead key divisions in our loan production departments. We are seeking passionate, dedicated employees that love helping small businesses and believe in developing strong, dynamic relationships and partnerships internally and externally for the company.
This is a new position and suited for an experienced SBA 7a loan processor/manager. If you have that experience and pride yourself on high-performance and your talent at working well with loan officers and borrowers – then this job may be the right one for you.
Primary Function of this role:
The Loan Processing Manager oversees all loan processors dedicated to SBA 7a and non SBA-504 product lines. New products are slated for the lending platform in FY13 and this position will be key in developing delivery processes. The Manager is responsible for reviewing SBA loan documents, prefunding SBA 7a loan files; assigning loan files to processors and closers; monitoring workflow, cycle times and screen-out response; and all day to day oversight and supervision of approximately 4 staff members. As a player/manager, this position also includes responsibility for processing loans (at a reduced level) in addition to management functions. Solid knowledge of SOPs is critical.
This Manager reports to the Senior Vice President of CDC and is a member of the CDC Operations Team, which meets regularly on company-wide production matters. Additionally this manager will run the Weekly Pipeline Review Meeting with all departmental staff and interact regularly with Sales and Underwriting managers. This position participates in CDC Monthly Management Meetings with the CEO and Executive Team.
The Manager of Loan Processing will develop clearly identified goals/standards for each loan processor and will hold individual staff members and the department as a whole accountable to production metrics. This position requires a leader that is confident and committed to staff empowerment, team development and accountability.
To be successful in this position the Manager of Diversified Products Loan Processing will initially work with these Success Factors:
- In conjunction with the SVP, evaluate staff and overall production capacity to develop short and long term staffing strategies; review and refine existing Policies and Procedures in the SBA 7a Community Advantage product line and become proficient in CDC’s proprietary loan processing software system within 2 months of start date.
- Establish appropriate metrics and accountability standards for each loan processor and for the department overall; begin coaching staff; develop weekly tracking mechanisms within 3 months.
- Evaluate workflow for potential improvements; measure customer service satisfaction levels; analyze SBA screen outs and have a high performing processor team with a strong communications infrastructure within 6 months.
- Support the growth of CDC’s new loan product lines by insuring flexible capacity and support systems are in place within 12 months.
Qualities of the Successful Candidate:
- Loan Processing Expertise – 3+ years with consistent high performance in SBA 7a lending
- Strong knowledge of SBA Standard Operating Procedures
- Collaborator – confident and effective team player
- Leadership – demonstrated ability to manage people effectively
- Attentive to Detail – consistently produces quality work and comfortable auditing work of others
- Embraces Professional Development – ongoing training will be expected
- Technologically Savvy – proficient in Microsoft and Laser Pro products
Minimum high school diploma; Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
NAGGL related course work highly desirable.
Location: San Diego (Liberty Station)
Compensation: competitive, full-time non-exempt position
Principals only; recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job.
Please do not contact job poster about other services products or commercial interests.