OneWest Bank, FSB, a federally chartered savings bank headquartered in Pasadena, California, is the largest financial institution headquartered in Southern California. OneWest is focused on delivering personalized, relationship-based banking to its customers. The bank has an extensive network of retail branches in Southern California with over $15 billion in deposits and total assets of $27 billion, including a loan portfolio, a securities portfolio, a servicing platform with mortgage servicing rights representing over 550,000 borrowers.
OneWest originates conforming and jumbo mortgage loans through its branches and call centers, administers commercial mortgage loans and conducts retail banking deposit operations online and via its Southern California retail bank branch network. In addition to Southern California locations, OneWest has operation centers in Austin, TX and Kalamazoo, MI.
OneWest offers exciting and challenging employment opportunities for banking and mortgage professionals in a fast-paced, results-focused environment.
Ensures OneWest Bank’s image of quality and professionalism through a commitment to excellence in fulfilling assigned responsibilities. Focuses on the individual needs of each client, directly or through the support of other employees, in a manner that promotes long-term banking relationships and which reflects the priority OneWest gives to superior client service.
Under minimal supervision, processes loan files in accordance with SBA lending procedures. Assists with facilitation of the Bank’s SBA lending objectives.
- Process SBA loan files and verify the accuracy of documents received (i.e., income verification property CC&Rs, appraisal, title, flood certificate, etc.); draws loan commitment letters and forwards to customer.
- Ensure all pre and post closing document issues are resolved and completed as well as having the final approval, any estimated loan fees and any other outstanding requirements.
- Reviews property titles and appraisals; determines and resolves any issues that may hinder the Bank’s lien.
- Collects all underwriter conditions from Lending Specialist post-approval and prepares file for final review and documents/funding.
- Contact borrower, broker and other specified individuals to provide status updates and arrange time and date for closing.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Two or more years of experience with a broad understanding of all facets of mortgage loans, SBA loans or equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training as an Associate Loan Processor, Loan Processor and/or Senior Loan Processor.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of methods, practices, procedures and terminology used in jumbo lending (i.e., processing, underwriting, documentation, compliance, title, escrow, appraisal, funding, loan service and audit) in addition to a proven track record.
- Ability to coordinate diverse tasks simultaneously within stringent time frames.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs, with special emphasis in Word and Excel.
OneWest Bank - 9 months ago