The Loan Processor will process and close single-family and multi-family real estate loans while ensuring loans closed are in compliance with company policy, audit procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Responsible for duties related to loan processing and closings. Identify aspects of transactions requiring special attention, arrange for funding, and ensure files are fully documented. Maintain contact with borrowers and their representatives; order necessary 3rd party reports.
• Responsible for setting up loan files and documentation, closing, and funding. Analyze entity structures and other 3rd party reports related to loan documentation.
• Perform and process draw requests and take action on items affecting the disbursement process such as change orders, sufficiency of funds, liens, set asides, etc.
• Partner with loan officers/analyst as primary liaison with borrowers and their representatives, attorneys, and title company representatives.
• Responsible for ensuring all terms of loans are incorporated in the documents, closing conditions are met, and loans are closed within appropriate time frames.
• Analyze title insurance commitment reports including title exceptions and prepares title/escrow instructions.
• Responsible for performing file setup and coordinating the activities of legal counsel and title and escrow personnel. Carry administrative policy and conditions of approval.
• Perform internal accounting functions for fundings and prepare data input boarding sheets related to loan set-up in bank systems.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related area preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Work Experience: 1 - 3 years of experience in mortgage lending, closing, title, escrow, or related field required. Multi-family lending experience preferred.
• Possess a thorough understanding of loan processing, escrow, and closing procedures.
• Knowledge of real estate lending and documentation. Knowledge of title and survey matters, including the ability to evaluate exceptions to title.
• Basic understanding of regulatory requirements and accounting principles.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, spreadsheets, and lending software.
• Possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
May require lifting file boxes weighing up to 25 lbs.
Please no recruiters, agencies, third-party agents or consultants – only direct applications from candidates. Inquiries may be directed to the Human Resources Department at HR.BusinessPartners@bankwithsterling.com.
Sterling Financial Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank), one of the largest regional...