This positoin is accountable for reviewing closed mortgages and consumer loans to ensure compliance with established loan policies, procedures, regulations and investors guidelines.
Update and maintain the accuracy of the mortgage and Consumer Quality Review Programs.
Perform actual file review of closed mortgages according to secondary market guidelines
Ensure that residential mortgage loans originated by ESL meet standard of quality established by ESL and its investors
Ensure compliance of Consumer, Home Equity and Indirect loans as to ESL underwriting criteria and that proceeds are disbursed in accordance with established policies and regulations and all required legal documents are in the file.
Ensure monthly management reports (mortgage and consumer) are completed appropriately and in a timely manner
Support other mortgage lending departments to resolve any questions or concerns
Serve as back-up support for assigned department functions
Complete assigned projects on time
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Finance related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years mortgage underwriting/appraisal experience required
- Knowledge of the mortgage and consumer origination systems preferred
- Knowledge in the review of real estate appraisals
- Solid knowledge of FHLMC and FNMA investor guidelines and compliance regulations
- Knowledge of FHA lending preferred
- Knowledge of ESL loan products preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Strong PC skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be proficient problem solver
ESL Federal Credit Union - 2 years ago