Mass Bay Credit Union has been proudly serving the financial needs of Boston area families for generations. Our busy Lending department is expanding and we’re in need of an experienced, friendly, detail-oriented Loan Servicing Representative to join our team. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (35 hours per week).
• Monitors escrow accounts, insurances, and/or real estate taxes to ensure the loan and the Credit Union are protected at all times. Researches and resolve problems on escrow, taxes, and insurance in a timely manner.
• Perform annual analysis of Escrow Accounts.
• Orders appraisals for all mortgage loans to include first mortgages, home equities, or secondary market.
• Responsible for logging, retention, preparing and releasing of all collateral securing loans
• Ensures that all documentation on mortgages is received from Registry of Deeds.
• Ensures that vehicle titles are perfected through FDI, research any exceptions with the MA RMV.
• Pays and maintains VSI insurance and FDI Title billings.
• Prepares mortgage loan documents for discharge.
• Prepares files and reports for secondary market documentation.
• Maintains open files throughout the status of a real estate loan for accurate recordkeeping; and ensure files are closed according to credit union policies.
• Compiles and prepares loan status reports as requested by Supervisor/Manager.
• Answers phone, mail, or electronic inquiries from members, potential members, attorneys, insurance agents, and other professionals involved in the loan process; responds to inquiries and resolves issues on the servicing of loans.
• Professional and pleasant interpersonal skills; strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Position requires general knowledge of all Credit union products and services and specialized knowledge of mortgage loan products.
• Proficiency with computer software applications including Word and system applications is required.
• Requires the ability to effectively communicate with members or employees and to solve day-to-day problems involving several variables in standard situations.
• Education equivalent to a four-year high school education and additional coursework in mortgage products or equivalent experience is required.
• Two years of experience in a bank, credit union, or mortgage company is preferred.
Mass Bay Credit Union offers competitive pay with a comprehensive generous benefits package, including a 401(k) plan with company match, medical and dental insurance, and tuition reimbursement.
Are you interested in becoming a member of our team? Great! Please submit your resume and letter of interest to: Mass Bay Credit Union, Attn: Human Resources, 147 West 4th Street, South Boston, MA 02127. Email: email@example.com or fax 617-269-0168.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. (Posted 10-15-12)
Massachusetts Credit Union League - 19 months ago