The Loan Servicing Specialist will be responsible for servicing auto loan accounts, negotiating payment arrangements with borrowers, offer suggestions as to how they can meet their obligations, propose alternative payment methods, establish payment procedures, monitor accounts to ensure the borrowers commitment to pay is kept, and document all collection activities utilizing loan servicing software.
- Follow and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Negotiate payment arrangements with borrowers, including offering suggestions as to how they can meet their obligations, propose alternative payment methods, and establish payment procedures.
- Assist borrowers who attempt to voluntarily surrender their vehicle by devising a strategy to allow them to keep their vehicle while meeting the obligations of the loan.
- Accurately and professionally document account information and collection activities.
- Locate customers through the use of databases and references (Skip Trace).
Veros Credit, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in the collections field, preferably in the auto industry.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply federal, state and local collections regulations.
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional, tactful and sensitive manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible work schedule and available to work some Saturdays.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
Veros Credit - 20 months ago