Please only apply one time. Your resume will be considered for both positions if qualified.
Federal Agency located in the northwest Austin area is in need of an Administrative Assistant to assist with diverse asset portfolios. There are two positions which will provide complex administrative and analytical support to our loan and real estate departments. This is a fast paced environment that requires the ability to multi task and stay organized through many interruptions.
LOAN ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES: Loan research, scanning and filing, tracking progress of transactions for several loan analysts, entering information into a database, fielding customer service calls and loan inquiries as needed. Position will assist with booking/correcting transactions through accounting. Exposure to loan servicing or loan origination is helpful. Knowledge of mortgage terminology a plus.
REO ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES: Transaction coordinator, scanning and filing, tracking progress of transactions for several real estate analysts, database entry, create financial reports based on inventory and sales, read and proof real estate contracts and HUD1 statements. Position will assist with booking/correcting transactions through accounting, managing and tracking property repairs and invoices. Exposure to real estate and bank owned properties is helpful.
Applicants must possess strong written and verbal communications skills, with ability to produce correspondence and other materials that are effective and of a professional nature.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office - specifically Word, Access, PowerPoint and have advanced Excel skills.
- Strong business writing and report preparation skills; accurate and attentive to detail.
- Able to perform detailed research using multiple databases and industry specific software.
- Must be self-motivated and able to take ownership of projects and work with limited supervision.
- 3+ years of administrative/office experience.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and procedures.
- Must be reliable, consistent, punctual and trustworthy.
- Ability to multi-task, handle heavy work load accurately & efficiently; meet deadlines.
- Work experience in a bank or other financial institution.
- Work experience with mortgage loans, foreclosures, bankruptcies, REO’s and short sales.
- Degree would be a plus.
This is a 3-year contract position, renewable annually after an initial 150-day period. Standard work schedule is 8 hours per day, forty hours per week. Some paid overtime and comp time may be available with prior approval. National holidays will be paid time-off. Six hours of paid time-off will be accrued for each two weeks (80 hours) worked, and can be used for illness, vacation, etc. This amounts to 156 hours per year of paid time off (almost 3 calendar weeks). No medical insurance, sick leave or other benefits are available. Successful applicants must submit to a thorough government background investigation, including fingerprinting and verification of resume.